I setup OpenLDAP according to the archlinux wiki and this page.
The server was up, search ok and I was ready to setup thunderbird to use the LDAP.
I setup thunderbird and then no entry in the view. I thought it was some fault on the configuration. I tried JXplorer, ldapaddrbook, apache directory studio and couldn’t find the problem.
I stumble upon this page via google and I stop scratching my head and pulling my hair.
This is a thunderbird-bug – not an OpenLDAP issue:
ldap-address-book gets synchronized but you do not see any entries in the overview
but it is there when you start typing in an address of a ldap-reciepient…so it’s there but you have to start searching by typing in some letters
plz consult the mozilla-people for further infos and bug-cleanup as this is a third-party application developed by them