I have been using a Synology DS412+ (with DSM 5.2) for almost 1 years now and I am happy with it.
The other day, I forgot to switch on my Prolink IPS1000 UPS and electricity went out. Electricity on, I switched on my UPS and my DS came up okay, I can browse the files and DS was checking parity integrity. Electricity went out again and I afraid checking would take long and UPS couldn’t hold enough, so I shut down.
When electricity was on again and my DS was up, I found out the following problem.
- Disk management showed error “Connection failed. Please check your network settings.”
- Disk management was not showing anything but blank area.
- Info Center showed incorrect capacity and usage was over 100%.
- I can browse but DS warned me of not enough storage on widget.
- CPU usage was 99% on widget.
Continue reading “Fix Synology DS412+ DSM 5.2 file system”