KeyMagic is a keyboard program that allows user to switch to various keyboard layout such as Myanmar Smart Keyboard, ZawGyi keyboard, etc.
We have been supporting offices using Myanmar Unicode with KeyMagic for some times now. One of the common problems we usually encounter is user suddenly cannot open KeyMagic program.
This is the steps we carry out to solve the problem
- Close KeyMagic program file (make sure there are no more KeyMagic.exe under Task Manager)
- Move the
user.config file under the following directory to somewhere (for backup)
Then restart the KeyMagic program
- replace with actual username
- in place of
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you will see random character likes
Some technical details
This is how I test my php code sending mail (with
mail() function) using
sudo apt-get install ruby ruby-dev
sudo gem install mailcatcher
Start PHP server
php -d sendmail_path="env /usr/local/bin/catchmail -f firstname.lastname@example.org" -S 0.0.0.0:8080
Run and check
- Run the script by visiting the page (that sends mail)
- Check the mail at
- check which php.ini is in effect by running
sendmail_path has been set correctly or not by using
echo phpinof() in a page
- check the path of catchmail by running
- close the mailcatcher server from web interface
- read mailcatcher help by running
- read php help
Synergy does not correctly shows
- the connected icon
- correct menu item
when connected to server.
The setup is
- synergy 1.8.4 as client
- Xubuntu 16.04 LTS
If you had the same issue and found a way to fix, please leave a comment.
Deluge system tray icon not working on Mac (Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra)
Currently, I configure it not to use system tray icon by unchecking the Enable system tray icon checkbox under
Edit > Preferences > Interface > System Tray section.
If you have a solution, please leave a comment.
UniFi Controller is server application to manage UniFi Access Points by Ubiquiti Networks.
Under the hood
- compatible with Java 6, 7 & 8
- MogoDB included
- uses 8443, 8080, 8880, 8843, 27117, 3478, 8881, 8882
Some service that might uses the above ports
- LXD – 8443
- Apache2/httpd or Nginx – 8080
Make sure they are not running or not using the port before starting the unifi service.
Printer dialog freezes after setting Properties of (any) printer.
- DELL Optiplex 9020
- HP LaserJet 400 M401d (connected with USB)
- Windows 7 64-bit
- UAC notify
- HP PCL 6 driver for Windows 7 64-bit
- HP printer firmware 20160224
Steps tried before solution
- carry out
- carry out
- tried updating to lastest firmware and drivers
- tried different setting in printer properties such as spooling, bidirectional support, rendering, etc.
- change user role
- When the user role is User, the printer dialog box freezes.
- If the user role is Admininstrator, the printer dialog box does not freeze.
- If the user role is Power Users, the printer dialog box does not freeze.
Set the user role to Power Users.
- This will not solve all the freeze cases as there were other causes
- Setting the user role to Power Users may not be feasible in certain cases.
Evernote, SimpleNote and (syncing text file via) Dropbox have been here for long and the followings are the trending note taking apps